Volunteers Serving Children in Need Around the Globe
Dental Care for Kids
Seventeen years ago we started this adventure in service–and today Global Dental Relief volunteers remain hard at work delivering critical dental care to children. In 2017, 20,904 children visited GDR clinics in five countries, receiving $4.3 million in donated care.
Our patients are the highlight of this work. We love their shy smiles, excited chattering, and trusting eyes as they reach for the hand of a volunteer. We dedicate this annual report to the children we serve and their beautiful smiles.
Global Dental Relief Past Year Highlights
- GDR teams served children in 24 clinics in five countries: Nepal, India, Cambodia, Kenya, and Guatemala
- Teams delivered care to 20,904 school children, including exams, restorations, extractions, sealants, and fluoride treatments
- Each child received a new toothbrush and lots of instruction on oral health
- 312 intrepid volunteers donated their talents to care for children–98 dentists, 42 hygienists, 9 dental assistants, and 163 general volunteers
- GDR’s work is made possible through the generosity of committed individual donors and a broad community of clinic sponsors listed below. THANK YOU!
Thanks to our Dedicated Sponsors
- Lisa Sasevich
- Tom Ehrenkranz Estate
- Art Studio Company
- Rotary Club of Denver Southeast
- Rotary Club of Denver 31
- BP Dental
- Louis Davis
- Caroline Hagadorn
- LARRK Foundation
- Andrea Swenson
- Aseptico, Inc.
- Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber and Schreck
- CTC Associates
- Leonard Goldman, DDS
- Global Grins
- Howard Landis
- Lewan Technology
- Macguire-Stossel Family
- Rotary Club of Lansing, MI
- Barbara Wilson
- Yvonne Truong, DDS
Join a GDR Team in Service
This year 24 GDR teams delivered care to children in each of five country locations. Every trip is joined by 5 dentists, 2 hygienists, and up to 10 general volunteers. In 2018, returning volunteers can also join GDR’s Small Adventure Clinics, serving children in remote locations.
Help us care for children this year. Learn more about 2018/2019 trip schedules and pricing at globaldentalrelief.org.
Call or email us and we will match you with your adventure in service.
Model of Care
Global Dental Relief volunteers serve children in schools, treating them class by class.
Every child receives a dental exam (often the first of their lives), all needed restorations, extractions, and cleanings—and a fluoride treatment.
Each child receives a new toothbrush, brushing instruction, and oral health education.
Volunteers visit each school every two years to provide long-term dental care and education.
Keep in Touch
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. Global Dental Relief is a 501(c)3 tax-deductible charitable organization.
Board of Directors
Leslie Swid, Chair | Jackie Norris, Vice-Chair | Peter Vanicek, DDS, Secretary | Linda Oberg, Treasurer
Lise Aangeenbrug | Kelley Barnard, DMD | Douglas Berkey, DMD | David Berman, MD | Caroline Hagadorn Geoff Hoffman, DDS | Nina Sharma
Fred Cannataro | Stu Fishman | Andrew Holecek, DDS (Co-Founder) | Mark Mathews | Melanie Melcher