Volunteers Serving Children in Need Around the Globe
Dental Care for Kids
Global Dental Relief’s work is made possible by like-minded and diverse volunteers joining together in a common mission—to bring dental care to children in need around the globe.
GDR is grateful to dedicated donors and sponsors who generously underwrote 17 clinics in 2016 in five countries—Nepal, India, Guatemala, Cambodia and Kenya.
It takes the support of each of us—at home and abroad—to make a difference in the life of a child.
Celebrate Our 2016 Highlights!
- 273 volunteers traveled from 9 countries and 30 states in the US to volunteer with GDR.
- GDR teams delivered care to 16,743 children, including 3,089 cleanings, 9,908 tooth restorations, 2,888 extractions, and 10,175 fluoride applications.
- Teams included 82 dentists, 36 hygienists, and 155 general volunteers. You do not have to be a dentist to meaningfully volunteer!
- Children received $3.5 million in donated dental care, an increase of 13% over 2015.
- GDR teams served children in 17 clinics in 5 countries: Nepal, India, Cambodia, Kenya and Guatemala.
Thanks to our Dedicated Sponsors
- Lisa Sasevich
- Smile Tree
- Art Studio Company
- Cranberry USA
- SmileDirect Club
- BP Dental
- Dennis Troggio
- Garden Fresh Corporation
- LARRK Foundation
- Aseptico, Inc.
- Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber and Schreck
- Friends of Don Lippincott
- Goyal-Wilhelm Family
- Lewan & Associates
- Rotary Club of Denver Southeast
- Rotary Club 31 of Denver
Join a GDR Team in Service
GDR clinics are set up in a classroom in just three to four hours anywhere in the world. This means GDR volunteers reach more children each year as we expand from 17 clinics in 2016 to 20 in 2017, and 22 clinics in 2018. More volunteers means more clinics and more care for kids.
Volunteers are needed–dentists, hygienists, assistants, and non-dental volunteers. Visit globaldentalrelief.org for GDR trip schedules, itineraries, and costs. Join us on a trip today!
Call or email us and we will match you with your adventure in service.
Global Dental Relief volunteers serve children in schools, treating them class by class
Every child receives a dental exam (often the first of their lives), all needed restorations, extractions, and cleanings—and a fluoride treatment
Children return for follow up visits during the clinic week, until full dental health is restored
Each child receives a new toothbrush, brushing instruction, and oral health education
Most importantly, GDR volunteers return to each school every two years to provide long-term dental care and education
“Like” us on Facebook, visit our website, read the GDR blog, sign up for the GDR Newsletter, and view us on YouTube.
Global Dental Relief is a 501(c)3 tax-deductible charitable organization.
Board of Directors
Geoff Hoffman, DDS, Chair | Leslie Swid, Vice-Chair | David Berman, MD, Secretary | Linda Oberg, Treasurer | Lise Aangeenbrug | Stu Fishman | Andrew Holecek, DDS | Mark Mathews | Melanie Melcher | Jackie Norris | Nina Sharma | Peter Vanicek, DDS
Download PDF of Progress Report March 2017